Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fathers Day

Fathers Day!!!! I had such a fun time planning and preparing for Michael's first Father's Day! We are on a pretty tight budget so I had to do something a little bit different than I would normally do. I was looking for weeks in advance on the web for different DIY fathers day gifts. I found this interesting thing called Pinterest!! LOL I am always on that website looking for new crafts to do or new meals to make. Well I found this cute little craft called 52 Things I Love About You and I decided that I would do that. Well I didn't feel like that was good enough so I also found another idea with a tie. Now Mike has TONS of ties but I just couldnt help myself on this idea. So When Nana came into town we both went out and got all the stuff for these little projects I decided to do. Now I am NOT creative in anyway but I thought I could try these and see how they turn out.
 With the 52 Things project I got a deck of cards, d-rings, cardstock, and address labels. I printed out 52 things I love about Mike on the address labels and stuck one on each card. I also printed out a couple of wallet size pictures of us to put on the beginning and end card. I think it turned out pretty good for me!! I was so excited to give it to Michael because I worked pretty hard on it.
With the tie, I just bought a white tie, fabric paint, and fabric pens. My mom came over one day and helped me paint and then stamp Adelaide's feet on the tie. I was going to do hands also but she would not unclench those suckers!! All in all I thought both of these projects turned out pretty good. (:
So Father's Day morning Adelaide woke us up at around 7 45. I fed her and then hurriedly started making Michael's breakfast. I didn't think I would have enough time to get ready, feed Addi, make bfast, bathe Addi, and do Father's Day presents before church. So I made Michael sausage, eggs, and chocolate chip pancakes with Cran-cherry juice. (: While he ate I brought up my presents for him. The bad thing he knew exactly what he was getting. :( Oh well....I still tried. I just can't hide anything from him!! He wore his tie to church and everyone loved it! It just so happened that he was giving a talk that day too! So it was noticed a little bit more. After church we headed straight over to my parents house to celebrate Father's day over there. We had a delicious dinner and fun times! Sadly Addi and I weren't feeling very well so we headed home a little early. But we still had a good day! (:


We also decided to go on a shopping spree for Adelaide. There is a consignment store here called Once Upon A Child and it seriously is the best thing ever! I don't know why I ever shopped anywhere else!! We bought her a bunch of winter clothes for the move to Idaho and a pair of shoes, sunglasses, and a Bumbo seat! I have been wanting a bumbo seat for a while now but they are just too expensive. Well at this store it was only 20 bucks!! So we of course bought it!

So Adelaide has started cooing and partially squeeling! Usually after she is fed she will just talk like crazy! It's so cute!!! I just love her so much! We have her 2 month check-up on Monday which I am not excited about because she will be getting shots this time and I hate that! She is growing up so fast!!!
Well we bought a new truck!!! We traded in the Jeep for a Toyota Tundra. We are very happy with what we got! It has an automatic starter, a nice sound system, the back window rolls down and a bunch of other stuff. It is sooo nice!! We love her so much! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment