Monday, January 14, 2013

Michael's Birthday

Welp, yesterday was the big day! Michael turned 24! When I asked Mike what he wanted for his birthday he said, "my book and a movie." And what did I do? I went above and beyond! I told him I would make him whatever he wanted for dinner and for a cake. That was my mistake. He then tells me that he wants a Star Wars Death Star cake. Now for those of you who know what the death star is...it was not an easy task that I set out on. But I told him I would do it. I even bought a whole new cake pan for it. I baked the cakes on saturday because I knew sunday was going to be pretty busy. They turned out pretty good! Then came the daunting task of actually decorating the cake. Thankfully my neighbor, and friend, helped me do that part. I was also making homemade rolls, and soup for dinner along with the cake. So for the time and budget that I had, I think the cake turned out alright. (: I even told Mike it was counted as a birthday present because it was kind of expensive to make. LOL
Anyway, we had a lovely dinner and then I gave mike his presents. He's actually a pretty popular guy, he got gifts from our roommates and our friendly neighbors. (: I think, even though it was a somewhat stressful day since Adelaide was so cranky, I tried to make it a good day for him. I'm really glad his birthday was on a sunday too!
I am SO grateful for him. He works so hard everyday to help provide for us. He is an amazing man, and everything I could ever dream of having. (: We met. We fell in love. We married. We had a baby. (: The crazy thing is, Mike and I really started to notice each other right after my friend had died. It just goes to show that Heavenly Father helps you in trials and hard times. He sent me Michael and what a wonderful blessing he has been in my life. I love him so very much!
before 
after
So we bought this super cute dress before we moved out to Idaho and this was the first time Adelaide got to wear it. She is so small that she still wears 6 month clothes and is 8 months old! Our baby girl is growing so fast. She crawls everywhere, pulls herself up onto anything, bonks her head, and just laughs a lot. She does super cute faces with her tongue now too. She has two teeth and we are pretty darn sure she is getting a third. She gives kisses, claps and wiggles all the time too. I just thought this dress looked amazing on her, so we took a bunch of pictures. (:




She's learned how to clap


KISSES!!! (:


This was with all the lights off for mikes birthday cake...deer in the headlights???
Our friends (:



Mike and his presents...a texas shirt, saints and soldiers, a new book, a machete and a taco bell gift card.
silly boy (:
Well I think it's time for us to lower Adelaide's bed...


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment