Saturday, February 2, 2013

I Should Just Call This The Adelaide Blog

Adelaide has been pretty crazy lately. She is learning new things left and right. As I study in my child development class I always think of Adelaide and the things she does. It's so interesting to learn about her and see her grow. I have been trying to be more laid back with her and not so "tight-reigned." I used to keep her out of the kitchen but it's so difficult and she likes to explore. So I figured if she isn't doing anything crazy then she is fine. So...she has been loving that. 
She loves to stand up and act like she is going to walk on her own. She hasn't quite got the balance thing down yet so she just falls. She eats anything and everything from plastic to paper. We actually had a HUGE scare where she was choking on some plastic and I couldn't get it out of her throat. I frantically went across the hall to our neighbors house (Dan is an EMT) and asked them for help. She ended up swallowing it, but man that was the scariest moment of my life. We took her for her 9 month check-up ad she weighed a whopping 16lbs. She is 27in also. So, she's tiny. She is only in the 24th percentile for both height and weight. She is as cute as ever though. Her hair is still too short to be tucked behind her ears, so she has the "emo" baby look a lot. Adelaide has had a cold for the past like 2 weeks. I thought she was teething but nothing is coming through! It's so frustrating. We gave her a bath today but before we did I took some pictures of her. She was running rampant through the house....NAKED! It was so cute and she loved it. 





Also, our friend's birthday was this past week. So we had cobbler for her cake. It was delicious!! :D She is pretty fantastic. I have so much fun with her. (:


It was my dad's birthday this past week too!! On the same day as our friend's birthday actually. I miss being home and celebrating birthdays with everyone. I really miss my family. Anyway, so yeah...my dad turned the big 50!! Crazy! He doesn't look it though. He pretty much is the coolest dad ever. I miss him so much. He has helped me through a ton of stuff, even when I didn't deserve it. Sometimes when Adelaide smiles I can see my dad in her. So, thanks for being a great example for me. I have learned so much from you. I love you.
We have been pretty busy with school stuff. I love school though. I know I'm probably weird but for some reason I just really enjoy college. My child development class is pretty fantastic. I mean I don't like all of my classes but hey, who does?
Adelaide seems to be doing well with the babysitter. Although, she has started screaming and crying when she doesn't get what she wants....I don't know if she has learned that from one of the other kids, but man..she's a stinker. She loves to make noises with her hand and mouth. So here are some pictures of her doing that. (: Until next time....






No comments:

Post a Comment