Friday, March 16, 2012

First Comes Love (:

Well, I have finally joined the blogging world!! :D I have to admit that I am kind of excited about this!
This is us at our church group.
So...first comes LOVE! Michael and I met through the singles group in our church! We were both dating people at the time and so our love didn't blossom until later. But as time went on we became really good friends. We would play Ultimate Frisbee every Thursday with other people in our church group. I never went alone, so my best friends, Charlotte and Nikki would come with me. We found out that we really like frisbee! It was funny because one day Nikki asked me and Charlotte if we had to choose anyone on the field to date who would it be. Well I said Michael but he was dating someone and it was serious so I knew it wouldn't happen. As we laughed and joked around about that little did I know that we would end up married one day!
This was our first picture together...ever (:

Michael and I became really good friends and started doing things together. We both ended our relationships and continued our "friendship." We went to see Despicable Me together one day and Michael flirted the whole night! Well a few weeks later, August 8, 2010 we started our wonderful relationship!!! :D And then I moved to Idaho to go to school. LOL We were dating for 3 weeks before I moved away but I knew that Michael was the one for me. We continued our relationship long distance for the next 4 and a half months. Man was that a LOOOONNNNGG 4 and a half months. I came home for christmas and decided not to go back out to school and I got ENGAGED instead!!! :D
Mike had planned for us to go see Beauty and The Beast at the Fox Theater in January of 2011. That's my favorite movie and neither of us had been to the Fox before. I knew that he had already talked to my dad for permission on my hand in marriage so I knew something must be up when he told me that we were going to see Beauty and the Beast. After that we went to the Atlanta Georgia LDS temple (which was still under renovation at the time) and walked around and just enjoyed being together. We knew that we were going to get married in that temple, so it was nice to be there and to just enjoy that when no one else was there. So Mike takes me around the back and asks if I wanna sit down. So we sit and talk for awhile. (May I remind you it was January and super cold outside, both of us were shaking.) Well then Michael asks me to dance, because I love to dance with him, and the next thing I knew he was on one knee asking me to marry him. It all happened so fast but it was a special experience. Since I still had a curfew of 12 am we just stopped at Wendy's and grabbed some food and then made our way home. The rest of our story is TO BE CONTINUED..... :D
Engagement Picture (this wasn't actually how he did it)

1 comment:

  1. It is weird how Mike look that young in those first couple pictures! Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete