Monday, March 19, 2012

Then Comes Marriage (:

Well, Michael and I were engaged for 6 months before we got married. And that was a forever long engagement. I don't know how people can be engaged for years, because I certainly wouldn't be able to do that.
Since Michael is the only member of the LDS church in his family it was kind of a hard thing for them. BUT....the temple was under renovation during our engagement and was opening right before our wedding day. So we got to take his mom, step-dad, and little brother through the Temple Open House. That was the most amazing experience. It was such a rare, special opportunity that we were blessed to share with them. So I think it helped them understand that even though they weren't able to be in the room we were sealed in they were able to see what it looks like before the temple opened again.
Everyone who came to the Temple Ceremony

On Friday, June 3, 2011 Michael and I were sealed for time and all eternity in the Atlanta LDS Temple. Besides being a crazy stressful few weeks, that moment with him was the most calming and exciting time for me. I finally was married to the one and only person I have wanted to spend forever with. It was such a hot day that day. Im pretty sure it was around 90 with 300% humidity. LOL Everyone was sweating gallons. I guess that's what we get for getting married in Georgia during the raging summer. So needless to say Michael and I did not want to hang around too long and take pictures. So after what we felt was a good amount of pictures we changed and went to a luncheon with just close family and friends at a little italian restaurant in Marietta. We took up the whole back of the restaurant and it was awesome! We had so much fun! On the way home from that, I called my bestest friend Nikki and told her that I was no longer a free woman! She was unable to make it home from college. :(
Ring Ceremony
The next day we had a ring exchange/reception at a local church building. It was decorated so beautifully which I have our families to thank for that. The ring exchange was for those who were not able to be in the temple with us. I can honestly say that I don't remember a whole lot of that because I was still in my shocked "I CANT BELIEVE IM FINALLY MARRIED!!!" stage. (: We had wonderful food and great guests who came to congratulate us. It was a wonderful, special weekend. We drove off from there in our Jetta with FULL Dr. Pepper cans attached to the back of the car. Yes, they did explode and I'm sure it was awesome!
Me and Dad! :D
Then about a day and a half later Michael and I got SUPER sick! I mean like raging sick. We quickly found out that it wasn't just us. Almost everyone who went to our reception got very very sick. Just our luck, the norovirus had made its mark on anyone and anything it could. So for about 3-4 days after being married we were both at home puking and well...ya know just about every 10 minutes. Such a lovely memory of your wedding reception. Despite the nasty virus that somehow spread at our reception we had a beautiful and memorable wedding.

1 comment: