Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Then Comes a Baby in a Baby Carriage!!! (:

The plane over!!! :D

Atlantis!!! :D

First picture of the Ocean!!! :D

Mike wanted to lick the fishy head!! DROSS!

After our glorious wedding and our very cheap honeymoon at our apartment we were loving life! Michael's mom and step-dad had planned a family vacation to the Bahamas just a month later. Needless to say we were pretty excited. So we packed up our things, grabbed our passports, and headed to Atlanta for a plane ride to Nassau, Bahamas. I felt like that plane ride would never end...manly because I felt like I was peeing every 5 minutes. We finally arrived to our absolutely gorgeous destination and waited in a super long line for them to check our passports and what not. I just wanted to jump in my bathing suit and swim out to sea!
So we finally get a taxi and he takes us to our hotel. The taxi driver was so friendly. He kept honking his horn at everyone. He said that in the Bahamas they honk their horn to say hi or what's up. (: Some of the taxi's even had a sign on them that said "watch out! this vehicle is being driven in a reckless manner!" I tried to get a picture but they were always going way too fast. We stayed in a hotel that was right next to Atlantis which was pretty sweet because we had full access to Atlantis at all times. We got in our swimsuits, headed to Atlantis, and then went to the beach. I had never seen water so clear in my life! It was absolutely beautiful! It really makes you happy and thankful for what the Lord has made for you. I sometimes think He knew I would love the ocean so he made places like that just for me. (: If only, right?
The next few days consisted of spending LOTS of money (everything is very expensive there), eating, and playing in the water. Michael and I even got up one morning to watch the sunrise even though it was a little cloudy. We spent the 4th of July there and the Bahamas had a party and did fireworks for the U.S. It was pretty much the coolest thing ever! We found tons of seashells and went snorkling. We also went on this ship thing called "The Booze and Cruise" hahahaha. It was actually pretty fun even though we don't drink. They took us way out in the ocean by this random island and let us snorkle there. There was trick Michael and Blake learned from a local...he said to peel apart bread put it in a water bottle and fill it with the sea water, shake it up and then go to the bottom and let some pour out and watch all the fish just swarm it! So we tried it and OH MY GOODNESS!! It was so cool!! So many different fish just swarmed us! We even saw a Barracuda!! Needless to say I got out after that. I love the ocean without all the scary, menacing creatures in it.
I totally did this!!! SO SCARY!!!

Overall we had a really great time in the Bahamas. That was exactly one month after our wedding. Remember when I mentioned on the plane how much I was peeing. That lasted the whole trip. I started to think maybe something was up. So I came home and took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. WHEW!!! right???? NOPE!!! I just didn't have enough of the hormone in me for the test to pick up; and I even bought the expensive one! Well about 2 weeks later I took another test and BING BING BING!! PREGNANT!! I cried, not because I wasn't happy but because I was excited and I knew how happy Michael would be. He's wanted to be a dad all of his life. Naturally I couldn't hold that little secret in too long, we told our family and a couple of close friends. Then it just got out like wildfire. By our first ultrasound everyone knew. And just like that we were starting our family. No we didn't exactly plan to have kids so soon but hey things happen. The doctor said I most likely got pregnant a couple after we got home from the Bahamas, but I don't believe him. I think I was pregnant already but whatever. People joke and say we have a honeymoon baby, but Adelaide is a blessing in every way. It has forced both Michael and I to rethink a lot of things and really change ourselves for her. Even though she wasn't planned we know that she is meant to be here at this time for a reason.
I couldn't turn the photo!
So, here I am 9 months later ready to push this sucker out! I wouldn't say that I've had a rough pregnancy compared to others but its been pretty crazy. I started getting super sick around 6 weeks and it lasted until about 20 weeks. It was dying off slowly but I still got sick at 20 weeks maybe once or twice. I even had nausea medicine but sometimes it just didn't help. I finally jumped into my second trimester thinking this one was gonna be the easiest. Well I stopped puking and then I had like 3 more things pop up. And then those  somewhat went away when I began my third trimester but so many other things happen in the third trimester. We found out in November that I am having a little girl!!! My due date is April 14th and I'm huge! No one, including me, thinks I will go that long. I kind of hope I don't just because I don't know how I can stretch anymore!! We have decided to name her Adelaide Grace. I'm pretty excited and nervous. I just hope everything goes smoothly.Mike thinks I should be walking every day and eating tons of spicy food! I have been having more braxton hicks lately. Cara and her family won't be here until after April 3rd, so we will see if baby Addi decides to come early or late. Personally I'm so tired of being exhausted, out of breath, and restless. I don't get much sleep anymore and my hips and shoulders are constantly aching. But that's the price you pay for having kids, so I guess I'm okay with it. (:
36 weeks!!

2 comments:

  1. i can't believe you are going to be a mommy super soon! i can't wait to meet her someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will meet her probably sooner rather than later. (: we are makin our way out to idaho in august. (:

    ReplyDelete