Sunday, October 14, 2012

"L, is for the way you Look at me!"

Well how about that general conference session!!??! That was some amazing stuff that is for sure! I know that we have a prophet of God upon the earth today! He is here to lead and guide us all back to our Father in Heaven. I know that he receives modern revelation. I am so grateful for the apostles of the Lord and our prophet Thomas S. Monson. What a blessing it is to know of the truthfulness of the gospel.
Last sunday we went to Idaho Falls to pick up Mike's grandmother for a visit. She stayed until this past friday. It was nice to have someone else to be here and to hang out with. She just loves baby Adelaide! :D At first Adelaide wasn't quite sure if she was safe, but after a day she decided that Nana was as good as any of us. We had a good time this past week just spending time together and showing her around Rexburg. We showed her the temple and around campus. We also go to take her to Deseret Book, which is just a bookstore by the church. It has all kinds of things in it. We went there to get her a book that answered all the questions about the LDS church. It turns out that a book just came out that was exactly what we were looking for for her. It's called Mormons: An Open Book by Anthony Sweat. It basically answers all the questions that are circulating around the world about us. Nana is very accepting of the church. Even though she doesn't agree with some things she tries to understand it, and we appreciate that so much! So we were pretty excited when we found this book for her. I suggest this book to everyone, members or not. It has pictures and timelines and all kinds of information. Anyway, that was fun. I also got to cook dinner for her this past week! I think Nana is the only one on Mike's side of the family that has ever really had my cooking. So that was really fun. Thankfully, I didn't have any dud recipes. LOL
"DONT LOOK AT ME!!"
"Fine!"
Recently I made this DIY headband from a t-shirt and it looked so cute on her!
Playing peek-a-boo with daddy (:
Nana kisses!




alfalfa
so cute (:
Adelaide is now 5 and a half months old! She will be 6 months old on the 23!! I can't believe how much she has grown! She still whines like crazy but we are trying to help her with that. She is starting to learn how to sit up on her own! She has such a "squatty body", as my dad calls it, that she has a hard time keeping her balance between her big belly and chubby thighs. She will get there though. Also, Adelaide is trying to crawl. She keeps pulling her legs up onto her knees, but that's all she knows how to do. She hasn't quite got the whole lifting herself up part. Although I am excited for her to crawl I am kind of dreading it too. Because that means she will get into everything. I found that Adelaide is a curious little girl. Right now she gets around by rolling over and turning herself around. It's pretty cute. She is still talking all the time, I dont think that will ever change. Lately she has been fond of putting her whole hand into her mouth while I'm feeding baby food to her. It's terrible with the oatmeal in the mornings because that is so sticky and just gets everywhere. Once it's on the hands, its everywhere else too! 
Awhile ago we bought a box of gerber baby food from Sam's Club. Well we are almost out. So I decided to start making our own baby food. I didn't realize it was so easy! It saves us money too! And I kind of like doing it! Lately I've made applesauce, bananas, and carrots. We go to the farmers market on fridays and get fresh fruits and veggies there so I can make food for her. This past Friday there wasn't a whole lot of good stuff so I only bought carrots, but maybe next time I will be able to get something else. We haven't tried squash with her yet, so I might try and get some squash next time if I can. Also, Adelaide is officially on formula. :( I was nursing and realized that Adelaide was still hungry. So I started to pump and see how much I was getting. I wasn't getting enough and thought it was just the stress from moving and what not. Well after we got to Idaho my supply kept going down. To a point where I was only getting about an ounce from each side. So, after completely forgetting to pump one day (we were soo busy that day), we just decided to put her on formula completely. We haven't really had any problems yet. Besides that fact that her formula is $16 a can. We have been spending quite a bit on that which is kind of disappointing, but ya gotta do whatchya gotta do! 
I have been trying to find ideas for holiday pictures this year and found quite a few ideas on pinterest. So I have been practicing with the camera on Adelaide different settings and what not. Plus, I just love taking pictures of her! She is too cute!
at the farmers market (:





"hmmm"

She is big enough to ride in the cart now!
We played outside with our neighbors yesterday.
Mike fed her chocolate and then stuck her binky in...lol
Anywho, we are doing well up here. Mike is doing pretty good in his classes considering that he goes to school full time and works full time. He is looking forward to a break! So for this thanksgiving we are going to deep fry a turkey and just be grateful that we are blessed to be out here! Hopefully it works out. LOL I just love the holidays. This time of year is so much fun. The leaves turning, the weather cooling down and enjoying different holidays. We are pretty excited for Halloween even though our ward/stake isn't doing a trunk-or-treat. Then for Christmas we are going to Michigan! YAY!!! That will  be lots of fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment