Saturday, October 6, 2012

"Growing Up....Wont Bring Us Down"

Adelaide has a new thing...well two new things. First, one day I was changing her diaper and she pulled up her legs like she usually does and then puts her tiny little cute piggies in her mouth!!! :D It looked so uncomfortable but she was smiling and chuckling to herself. (: It was the cutest little thing. So every so often she decides to chew on her feet. Mostly when I change her diaper she chews her little toes. Second, she whines. This girl only cries when she is either hurt or scared. She only ever whines now. It's a very whiney whine too....basically its frustrating. I love her to death but oh man she whines all the time now and half of the time it's for no reason. It's frustrating but I love my daughter none the less. 

We have recently set up her highchair. Every time I would feed her in the little bouncy chair she would try to sit up, so I figured it was time to try the highchair. Now let me tell ya, this highchair is awesome! It has two separate settings for the chair (laying down and sitting up). It also has a "snack tray" along with a regular tray that goes over it. THEN...it has this little cup holder thing shaped like Pooh's honey pot, but its not a cup holder! ITs so that you can put the snacks in it and then it tips over and pours a few out onto the tray!! :D How cool is that!? I know I am pathetic, I am raving about this high chair. It is a massive high chair though. It looks like a thrown for her, its perfect because her nickname is "Princess." I'm not sure when we started calling her that but we have.


Daddy isn't as good with the oatmeal (:

A couple of weeks ago we had a Multi-Stake Conference at the I-Center. Well they organized a new stake and the boundaries within some wards. A week before that we were informed that our apartment building was in the new ward, the 31st ward. (: This past week was our first week as a new ward! It was good! I'm excited for this ward. We haven't had a lot of structure yet but I am feeling very excited. :D 
Recently Aunt Cara sent Adelaide some clothes to borrow during the winter. So we put her in a couple of outfits and ohhh she looked so cute! We put her in some shoes for this past sunday and they looked adorable.



Also, Adelaide loves being outside! But now that it's getting colder I don't wanna risk her getting a cold or anything, so I dont take her out as often. A lot of times if the window in the living room is open she looks up at it and tries to grab at it. So I let her stand on the couch and watch the cars go by. Sometimes I think she is waiting for daddy to come home, it's cute. (: Sometimes she will just cross her hands and sit there and watch cars go by. But once I take her outside and lay her down she just gets so excited! She would spend hours out there if I let her. I foresee a lot of family sports games in the front/backyard like my family used to do. 
Oh....and I cut off her mullet hair. (:
She does grab at anything and everything to put in her mouth
So many of you might have a pinterest account. I am one of those weirdos who spends many hours on that website looking for new craft ideas or recipes. There are some awesome recipes one that website! It has been rather chilly here lately. And tonight the low is 19 degrees. Pretty cold. So I found a nice recipe for crockpot hot chocolate. I was really craving hot chocolate anyway and thought tonight was a really nice nice to make some. I also thought it would be nice for mike when he gets home from work at midnight to have a nice hot cup of cocoa. It turned out pretty good I think. It had a little to much cocoa powder but i can tweak it a little bit and it will be delish!!! :D 

I am so excited to start school in January. I will finally be able to start finishing my degree. I'm still not sure what I am going to be doing but still excited to continue. I want to finish for my family. It's important to me that i get a degree. I want Adelaide to know that a degree is important and I want to show Michael and the rest of my family that while I am a mother and a wife first, I can also have a career. 
Nikki is getting married next month. It's actually less than a month away. As I talk with her about going to the temple and the excitement and joys of being married it makes me miss her so much! I havent seen her in almost a year and she isn't moving back to Idaho until next year. :( My excitement grows each and everyday for her as her special day grows near. It reminds me of the joy of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The blessings of having the knowledge of the true church. I know that she is making a HUGE decision but I am supporting her all the way. Marriage in the temple is the most amazing thing and I am so excited for her. There is nothing better than being able to walk through those temple doors to make the most important decisions. I better get a phone call after everything has calmed down!!! 
THEN AND NOW (: oh how we have both changed
At a YSA dance in Georgia (i think in 2010)


This past thursday, the 4th, my one and only nephew turned 1!!! I can't believe he is already one year old! I remember when he was born!! That chubby little baby came into this world and captured all of our hearts! He is so sweet and fun! I'm sad that I'm missing him walking and learning so much. I am so grateful for him. He has been a blessing in my life. I love him so much! I guess I better shout out to Jon too. His birthday is on Monday. He's such a goofball. But in all seriousness, he is a great brother in law.  There I said it! He's a good guy who cares and loves my sister to no end! So happy birthday jon! I hope you enjoy our card we sent. (;

No comments:

Post a Comment